The Anaklia Special Economic Zone Project
In addition to the Anaklia Port, JSC Anaklia City (principle shareholders are TBC Holding and Conti International) is developing a Special Economic Zone on about 2,000 hectares.
The new Special Economic Zone will complement the Port’s activity and transform the Anaklia project into development of a brand new city-scale economic driver for Georgia, regional business and trade hub on a crossroad of Europe and Asia.
Special Economic Zone Overview
JSC Anaklia City idents to develop the city scale SEZ with the following features:
- About 2,000 hectares of development territory
- Based on the concepts of Green and Smart cities
- Light industry cluster- will be built upon the advantages of Georgia’s trade regimes, competitive production costs and attractive business environment
- Logistics cluster – will help to strengthen the role of Anaklia’s port as transshipment hub for the region and trade flows between Europe and Asia
- Training and Development cluster – to strengthen the competitiveness of Anaklia as production and business destination for regional players and multinationals
- Financial Center – JSC Anaklia City plans to transform the Anaklia into commercial and financial center for the Caucasus and wider region
- Tourism, Entertainment and Real Estate – to complement the development of other business clusters and create the most attractive place to live in the region